Location: Los Angeles, California
PragerU is proud to announce the launch of PragerUKids. This is a newer program in our organization dedicated to bringing parents the resources, support, and tools to teach children about America’s blessings and limitless opportunities. Our aim is to inoculate children against the indoctrination being taught in government schools today, and we will do this through a variety of edutainment content/programming, live events, newsletters, and community. We have a unique niche in providing supplemental educational material for children, all of which is non-partisan in nature.
The Video Specialist role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be an all-around video expert, capable of taking on multiple projects and working with the PragerU team to produce great Kids content that educates youth viewers from K-12. This is an all-hands-on-deck team in an extremely fast-paced setting. Ideal candidates MUST have editing, camera, and lighting experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Video Specialist job encompasses several skill sets that often work in tandem with one another. These include technical A/V knowledge, problem-solving, time-management, creativity, and people skills.
- Artistically speaking it’s important to push for content that is novel, creative, & relevant.
- Capable of editing multiple videos and projects under very tight deadlines and short turnaround times.
- Flexible and able to “roll with the punches” within an ever-changing game plan.
- The Video Specialist should be proficient with video production and post-production.
- This includes shooting on different camera types, not limited to but including camcorders, DSLRs, and digital film cameras.
- An understanding of lighting fundamentals is needed for in-studio shoots as the specialist may be setting up & striking basic sets on their own.
- A knowledge of codecs & file types is important for processing footage and creating assets for the existing pipeline.
- Helping catalog and process footage from other team members.
- Assembly cuts & basic file transfers may be requested.
- Familiarity with live streaming for social media.
- The Video Specialist should be adaptable to new elements and problems during any shoot.
- The Video Specialist must have top-notch organizational and time management skills.
- This role will juggle a wide variety of concurrent editorial projects in different phases for multiple departments.
- Imperative to be able to communicate, prioritize, and self-manage.
- Work directly with multiple creative leads and managers to discuss and implement editorial notes.
- Adhering to established processes and folder structures is imperative.
- Keeping an eye on the pulse of what is trending on social media is important and should help inform creative decision-making.
- Skilled at running different types of cameras
- Skilled at lighting and running sound
- Skilled at editing, sound editing, and color correction
- Light animation skills (Usually graphic overlays and lower thirds, but there will also be slight 2D animation needs)
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premier and Photoshop
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus)
- Familiarity with finalizing video content for online distribution & social media
- Able to pull online source footage for re-cutting
- Willing to innovate and bring effective solutions to the team
- Able to work with other animators, editors, and other vendors
- Comfortable speaking with celebrities and all types of presenters
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Willing and able to take direction from different leaders but also bring his/her ideas and thoughts to the table
- An eye for quality and a passion for excellence
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.