Location: Los Angeles, California and/or Hybrid
PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We’re proud to be voted “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by LA Business Journal.
The Audio Specialist role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be an all-around audio expert, capable of taking on multiple projects, traveling as needed, and working with the PragerU team to produce great content that educates and engages viewers, donors, and the team. Ideal candidate MUST have experience both mixing sound on set and sweetening/designing audio in post-production.
Ideally, this will be a hybrid home/office role. The ideal candidate will have an audio engineering setup at home for post-audio work, as well as be able to come into the office or travel to location as needed for recording on set.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-Set Audio Recording:
- Able to record quality sound for a variety of content types, including multi-person talk shows, man-on-the-street exteriors, animation voice-over, talking head videos, live event A/V production, and more.
- Troubleshoot effectively in studio and on location, both by him/herself without backup and as part of a team.
- Comfortable using a variety of recording methods, including boom, lavs, handheld mic, etc.
- Able to handle problems on the move, from solving hardware issues, to working in less-than-ideal audio settings, to occasionally dealing with charged situations due to the content’s political nature.
- Audio Post-Production:
- Skilled at cleaning up audio quality, adjusting and matching levels, diminishing background noise, and maintaining audio consistency across the episode, content line, and brand as a whole.
- Has an ear for elevating content through audio within the guidelines of a show format or brand through creative sound design (selecting/editing music cues, use of sound effects, etc.).
- Familiar with music and sound effects libraries and proper licensing.
- Capable of mixing/designing multiple videos and projects under very tight deadlines and short turnaround times.
- Skilled at running different types of audio recorders
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere) is a plus
- Familiarity with recording and finishing audio for online distribution and social media
- Willing to innovate and bring effective solutions to the team
- Capable of doing multiple audio mixes and other projects quickly
- Able to work with a variety of editors, animators, and other vendors
- Comfortable speaking with celebrities and all types of presenters
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Willing and able to take direction from different leaders, but also bring his/her ideas and thoughts to the table
- An eye for quality and a passion for excellence
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.