Location: Los Angeles, California
PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We’re proud to be voted “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by the LA Business Journal.
PragerU Kids is a newer program in our organization dedicated to bringing parents and educators the resources, support and tools to teach children about America’s blessings and limitless opportunities. Our aim is inoculating children against the indoctrination being taught in government schools today, and we will do this through a variety of edutainment content/programming, live events, newsletters and community. We have a unique niche in providing supplemental educational material for children, all of which is non-partisan in nature.
This is a new leadership role that reports to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production, from planning to execution/post-production. We need someone with strong production experience (at least 10 years) and the ability to manage multiple production teams simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own production responsibilities for the PragerU Kids line, determining how we will make all the content we need to make annually
- Learn and optimize the PragerU process in how the company currently works, and work with leadership on implementing any new structural changes which need to be made
- Manage the full team (PragerU Kids production) - both freelance and staff - in day-to-day responsibilities, scheduling, throughput, work quality
- Anticipate any new hire needs and staffing shortages and work through them as effectively as possible, balancing content scheduling, sharing any general PragerU resources and aggressive recruiting in coordination with HR team
- Provide both creative and project management guidance to a team of content creators
- Master the PragerU brand and philosophies, from big-picture philosophies to process details.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- 7-10+ years of production experience, including 5+ years of general management in all arenas (pre-production, day-of, post-production)
- Demonstrated ability to ensure content is tailored to young audiences in an age-appropriate manner, balancing education and entertainment (“edutainment”)
- Ability to work with STARTUP-TYPE HUSTLE and not overcomplicate productions.
- Adhere to established processes and structures, including working closely with Heads of Production for PragerU general content to maintain consistency across production units
- Top-notch organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects/content lines simultaneously, and work with all elements of a production team (management, writers, camera/grip/lighting, editors, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills, identifying creative and cost-effective solutions that balance both short-term needs and long-term scalability
- Strong leadership and ability to garner buy-in from team members, and strong collaboration skills with other departments (marketing, design, etc.)
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure. This is a no-ego environment where no task is too small
- Flexible and able to “roll with the punches” within an ever-changing game plan, and able to problem-solve on the fly
- Strong creative instincts and ability to think critically, from giving creative feedback on content to problem-solving logistics issues
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.