Location: Los Angeles, California
PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We’re proud to be voted “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by LA Business Journal.
The Set Coordinator provides art department-style support for a very busy Production team. We are a dynamic, all-hands-on-deck team with a unique and fast-paced workflow. We have multiple filming spaces/sets that are frequently “turned over” to be used for a variety of projects — this role will execute that turnover. The ideal candidate will be organized, meticulous, efficient, and have an eye for design. This is a highly physical and self-managed role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that studio spaces are set up and ready for filming sessions, including striking previous sets and assembling/decorating upcoming sets, from walls to knickknacks.
- Physically move heavy set pieces such as flats and furniture.
- Oversee storage and inventory systems of props and set pieces.
- Maintain continuity of existing sets by recreating and matching past setups from reference images.
- Assist with assembling and designing new sets, including walls, flooring, curtains, furniture, artwork, etc.
- Creatively repurpose existing set pieces in new ways/combinations to create different “looks.”
- Be the point person for executing any art department needs. Perform runs, source and purchase props and new set pieces, hand craft or modify props/set pieces when needed, handle deliveries/returns, etc.
- Help move and organize filming equipment and supplies, and when needed, jump in as an extra hand on set during filming, lighting, or striking.
- Be at the ready for any miscellaneous tasks that might pop up, from coffee/food runs to changing light bulbs to anything in between.
- Work with the general office to build desks, file cabinets, move things around, etc.
- 1-2+ years experience in an art/construction role, ideally in a production or theater-based setting.
- Handy with standard tools and able to tackle basic construction work, such as power drills and painting.
- An established understanding of creating spaces and sets to work on camera.
- Detail-oriented, with top-notch organizational and time management skills. Able to juggle a wide variety of concurrent projects in different phases.
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure. This is a no-ego environment where no task is too small.
- Flexible and able to “roll with the punches” within an ever-changing game plan, and able to problem-solve on the fly.
- Some traveling may be required, including flying or driving for long stretches of time.
- Has adequate transportation to drive around LA as needed picking up items.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.